COVID-19 Employer Resources and Compliance Toolkit
During these uncertain times, Miami Payroll Center is keeping up to date on all legislative and tax related responses to the COVID-19 crisis as they relate to small businesses and their employees. As additional information becomes available from related government agencies such as the Department of Labor and the IRS, this page will be updated accordingly.
On Wednesday, March 18th, the President signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act to take effect on April 1, 2020 and will sunset on December 31, 2020. The Act provides for mandated paid emergency sick leave and paid family and medical leave for many workers. To offset wages paid under the program, employers will receive a tax credit. There are still several uncertainties, such as the timing of the credits to offset the payments required by employers. Many of the details for implementation are still unknown until individual government agencies, e.g. DOL, IRS, release their own guidance between now and April 1, 2020. As additional details are released for implementation, we will update the information on this page.
If you have specific questions as to how these changes may affect your business, please contact us at 305-273-4066.
- NEW! 3/27/2020 U.S. Dept. of Labor F.A.Q. on Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Department of Labor COVID-19 related updates
- Required Poster for FFCRA
- OSHA’s Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- OSHA’s site for COVID-19 Resources
- FL Reemployment Assistance_FAQ
- SBA Disaster Loan Fact Sheet
- SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus
COVID-19 Miami Payroll Center Published Resources
The IRS has established a special section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus. This page will be updated as new information is available.
- NEW! 3/30/2020 Economic Impact Payments to Employees
- NEW! 3/26/2020 Treasury, IRS and Labor announce plan to implement Coronavirus-related paid leave for workers and tax credits for small and midsize businesses to swiftly recover the cost of providing Coronavirus-related leave
- Coronavirus Tax Relief
- Treasury and IRS Issue Guidance on Deferring Tax Payments Due to COVID-19 Outbreak